Headwaters Music & the Arts is an independent non-profit organization music and art program located in the heart of downtown Bemidji. We were established in 1992 by a small, determined group of visionaries with the goal to provide opportunities for creativity through instruction and inspire the community through music and the arts.
Headwaters Music & Arts is on a bit of a hot streak. We have had steady uptick in music program participants this past year, compelling us to create more studios for individual lessons and improve our lobby and admin spaces. Thanks to generous community support, we have expanded our financial assistance options, making music education more accessible to area young people.
We are now on the lookout for a few more instructors willing to share their knowledge and talents with aspiring musicians of all ages. We are seeking piano, violin, cello, guitar, vocal and percussion instructors to work with students one to three afternoons/evening per week, or even over weekends. We would be tickled to hear from ukulele, banjo, or accordion players as well.
Our expectations -
• In-depth knowledge of music theory and technique
• Enthusiastic and able to motivate students of all ages
• Able to communicate with students so they comprehend instructions
• Able to work with a diverse range of students
• Support the philosophy and mission of Headwaters Music & Arts
What we offer -
• A friendly and supportive environment that encourages creativity and growt
• Free personal use of performance and rehearsal space
• Discounted rates for Headwaters art, writing or pottery classes
• Private lesson studio space and teaching materials provided
• Marketing, scheduling and billing provided
• Orientation and ongoing coaching and support
• Compensation ranges from $17.60-$28 hour depending upon experience and education
Send your resume and three references to email@example.com or Headwaters Music & Arts, 519 Minnesota Ave NW, Bemidji MN 56601. We welcome inquiries at any time. For more information, contact Executive Director Tricia Andrews, 218.444.5606.