As an independent non-profit organization, Headwaters Music & Arts strives to create an environment in which the arts and arts education is accessible to all. As we affirm in our values statement, we envision a community in which no one misses out.
We have two forms of financial assistance for youth lessons, camps and classes. We also have merit-based scholarships for those who take part in our year-round music program. Applications are carefully considered and amounts offered are based on available funds in the annual financial assistance budget, supported by generous donors, including Minnesota State Arts Board, Region 2 Arts Council, Bemidji Area Arts Endowment, and through fundraising events and initiatives led by Headwaters board, staff and volunteers.
Financial Assistance for Headwaters Music Program (year-round, one-on-one music lessons) First, register online and pay the $45 annual admin fee. Then immediately consider the following options:
- MAA Low Income Scholarship: 75% of your fee may be covered based on a Minnesota Tax Credit through Minnesota Afterschool Advance. Families are expected to apply for a loan through Minnesota Afterschool Advance before they are considered for financial assistance through MusicLink Foundation.
- MusicLink Foundation Financial Assistance: Headwaters Music & Arts is an Alliance Partner with MusicLink Foundation. Headwaters covers the cost of reduced tuition, MusicLink processes applications and gives other support to instructors and students. Once you register with Headwaters, complete the Parent/Student Information and Policy Form at MusicLink.
- Headwaters Merit Scholarship: Merit based scholarship Headwaters Music & Arts would like to encourage and reward hard work and commitment to studying a musical instrument. Submission deadline is the third Friday in July for the following September-August program year.
Financial Assistance for Headwaters Art Clubs, Pottery Programs, or Summer Camps First, register online on our website for the program you are interested in and pay the admin fee or deposit, if applicable. Then, immediately consider the following options:
- MAA Low Income Scholarship: 75% of fees based on a Minnesota Tax Credit through Minnesota Afterschool Advance. Families are expected to apply for a loan through Minnesota Afterschool Advance before they are considered for financial assistance through Headwaters Music & Arts.
- Headwaters Financial Assistance: Based on qualifying for free or reduced school lunches, your program fee may be reduced up to 50%. Just complete the application and submit with requested documentation as soon as you register for the program.